|Capstone Consulting is looking for an Audio Visual Coordinator located in the Des Moines, IA area. Must be willing to relocate but able to provide relocation assistance.
Provides superior customer service to all guests. Assists the Manger of Operations with the planning and logistics of the audio visual operations. Responsible for all relevant operations including: setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting audiovisual and lighting equipment.
· Proactively provides prompt and friendly service by exhibiting manners, care, respect and patience in all interactions.
· Organizes and plans AV resources, including other audio visual staff.
· Responsible for setting up AV systems including sounds, video, lighting and other equipment.
· Responsible for providing AV & technical support including running sound systems, lighting systems, video systems, IT systems, digital systems and more.
· Maintaining and updating digital signage systems.
· Technical systems engineering.
· Responsible for maintaining the overall condition of all AV equipment which consists of fully reviewing all AV equipment & hardware. Suggests necessary recommendations and upgrades to management.
· Ensure the safe storage and integrity of data.
· Tracks and reports all billable AV items to proper personnel immediately following each event on the same day.
· Works with Operations Manager to discuss event needs and procedures as needed.
· Responsible for working with other departments to ensure that all meeting requirements are met and fully achieved.
· Communicates with department managers and other team members regarding special requests, conflicts, or extra assistance needed within the conference center for both inside and outside events.
· Leads the training of AV technicians on the use of equipment as needed.
· Attend training meetings as required.
· Assist in any and all aspects of events and day to day operations.
· Effectively plan and communicate to all departments.
· Effectively communicate to all departments within the Corporate Office any needs that may arise.
· Work closely with the information technology departments regarding networked systems.
· Assists employees with their job including answering questions and resolving any issues that may need assistance.
· Participate in department walk through with department heads and other employees.
· Directly participate in all sponsored events such as; wedding show set up, show and teardown along with other duties that are directly related to their position.
· Assists the sales departments with technology-driven questions.
· Works off campus and tours events. 10 percent travel time may be required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry equipment such as computers, monitors, sound equipment, projectors, lighting, thrusts, lift motors, and other equipment weighing up to and over 100 pounds.
· Must be able to stand walk for extended periods of time.
· Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth, perception, color vision and field of vision.
· Must be able to fit and walk in confined spaces.
· Must be able to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear and repetitive movement.
Education and Experience:
· Knowledge of video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite.
· Knowledge of video playback software including Playback Pro Plus
· Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote and other slide advancing hardware.
· Ability to repair AV cables.
· Knowledge of digital mixing boards and professional video switchers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Other Worker Characteristics:
· Experience with Yamaha Dante Networking, ETC Net, Extron Control Systems
· Ability to work with 3rd party technology vendors.
· Ability to tactfully handle difficult situations and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
· Ability to multi task and adjust priorities based on new work assigned.
· Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
· Will need to be flexible with work schedule including working nights, weekends and holidays.
The duties of the AV coordinator is conducted in various settings including; conference center, in-store environments, outdoor, and other event venues. This environment is fast paced and labor intensive and requires significant contact and communication with management, coworkers, customers and outside vendors. Great attention to customer service is the forefront of this environment.
Equipment used to preform job:
· Ross Broadcast switchers and routers
· Analog Way presentation switchers
· Yamaha digital audio mixers and other in and out devices
· Shure Digital wireless
· Digital Projection 20k projectors
· Meyer Laboratories Sound Systems
· Tannoy Sound Systems
· ETC Lighting Dimers Systems and consoles
· Standard tools used for AV Technicians.
· Scissor lift,
· Pallet jack
· Automotive vehicles including commercial trucks.
Has frequent contact with general public and corporate office employees and executives
Capstone is an EEO Employer